If needs require, the SENDCo will make contact with relevant agencies to identify extra specialist provision that can help support students. This is often done through an EHCP, which can be applied for by both the school and parents/carers.

The school has access to a Local Authority Educational Psychologist who is able to offer support in assessing the needs of individuals with SEN/D. Parents/carers are always involved in the decision to consult the E.P. and are included in a feedback meeting in which strategies for support are agreed.

We are committed to ‘joined up’ working with other agencies such as Speech and Language Therapy, Visual Impairment Service, CAMHS and Social Care in order to fully meet the needs of our students.