Overall Care and Support Programme at Serenity School
Serenity School is a highly inclusive school which encourages the best in everyone. All our School staff are first aid trained have had child protection training. All staff are personally motivated and professionally obliged to break down any barriers to progress.
The Pastoral Care and SEN/D Team exists to provide an extra layer of support to that is interwoven into the entire curriculum.
Our Curriculum offers enhanced supported through bespoke and personalised learning episodes in the following areas;
- Consistent approach to our five core values embedded across all aspects of our school community
- We take care of ourselves
- We take care of each other
- We take care of our learning
- We take care of our school, community and the world
- We take care of our future
- Timetabled PSHE lessons
- Timetabled life coaching sessions – both therapy and counselling
- Whole School calendared SMSC events throughout the year to build self worth
- Anti-Bullying Charter
- Classroom Programmes and Tutor Programme addressing national themes as well as specific therapeutic aims
- Three Academic Review Days per year that include the Annual review
- Staff present to support young people and families at wider agency meetings that includes SENDCO, EWO and mentors.
All the actions and efforts of the Pastoral/Therapeutic Care and SEN/D Team involve understanding barriers to progress and intervening so as to enable progress in learning.
The team is made up of:
Senior Teacher (Pastoral Leader/ Head of Character)
Key Stage 1 Leader
Key Stage 2 Leader